There are many types of shoes for men today and people hardly know what kind of shoe they want. More often than not you end up buying only those shoes which the shoe store has on its shelves. You are hardly presented with choices that should be there ideally. There can be times where you know what you want but don’t know what a particular shoe is called and hence you depend upon the bleak chances of finding it randomly.
As a modern man of fashion, you should know what all types of shoes are there. We don’t mean to make an expert out of you but a little knowledge can help you a great deal. You will be able to choose better and look stylish. Almost all types of shoes originated from a few basic types. Therefore, construction and production methods have hardly changed. We will now explain to you the classification of various types of shoes.
Do You Know Your Shoes? Click Here To Understand The Anatomy Of Your Shoe.
Types of Shoes For Men
All men’s shoes can be classified basically into three types based on their closure type.
Lace-Up: These are the shoes with laces that are threaded through the eyelets and used to fasten the shoes.
Buckled Shoes: Shoes that feature a buckle or buckles for closure instead of laces are Buckled Shoes. They have a buckle attached to the quarter that is used to lock the strap attached to the other side of the shoe.
Slip-Ons: Slip–ons are typically low, lace-less shoes. These are easy to put on and remove simply because of the absence of any kind of fasteners.
Click Here to See Best Slip-on Shoes For Men
These three categories can be further divided into various subcategories which are explained as under:
The two most popular lace-up shoes are Oxford and Derby. A gentleman can’t mistake in recognizing derbies or oxfords because they can be easily differentiated based on their lacing. As you can see below, one has open lacing and the other has closed lacing.
The first view of the Blucher would confuse you for a Derby. They might look similar but unlike Derby, Blucher doesn’t have an additional quarter. Instead, the slide flaps are attached with lacing.
If a Monk Strap has two buckles then it is called a Double Monk Strap. The buckle comes in various shapes, like a square or round and numerous finishes and patterns like gold, silver or bronze.
- Best Trekking Shoes In India
- Top 10 Formal Shoes In Flipkart App
- Best Shoes For Men Without Laces (Slip-on)2020
- How To Protect Your Shoes In Rainy Season?
- 10 Best Selling Shoes For Men Adidas in India
- 16 Solid Reasons To Buy Shoes Online For Men
- Best Running Shoes For Men India
- Review Of Power Running Shoes Natural Engage
- Our Picks of Cool Fashion Sneakers Under Rs.3000
- What Shoes To Wear With Suits? (Super Guide 2020)
- Should You Give Shoes As A Gift? 6 Point Guide
- 5 Types Of Sneakers For Men
- Patent Leather Shoes: Is It Your Thing?
- Difference Between Moccasins And Loafers
- How To Maintain Your Shoes?
- Shoe Smell – Best Ways To Prevent & Get Rid Of it
- Traditionally Boat Shoes are worn without socks.
- Boat Shoes traditionally used to have white and non-marking soles.
There are a few different types of Loafers based on their shapes, decoration, and design. Click here to check our Ultimate Guide For Loafer Shoes For Men.
Types Of Loafers:
When two pieces of leather are put together with a puckered seam, you get a Moccasin. The two pieces form a shaft and the upper part of the shoe. Moccasins, traditionally have been a shoe for leisure as it didn’t have sole.
- Traditionally Moccasins are worn without socks.
- To suite for regular wear, contemporary Moccasins are made with soles.
- Moccasins and Loafers are not the same. Check out the difference here.
There you are. We have covered everything a man should know about his shoes. Now you know what type of shoes you have in your collection and what to look for when you go shopping for your shoes. Like a TRUE FASHIONABLE MAN
Don’t Forget To Comment Below Share This Post