You will be surprised that there are so many things to understand if you want to know your shoes. If you are a man of style and enjoy a dapper appearance, you should make sure that you know a little more than the average person.
As a modern, fashion-conscious man you must know current trends as well as different styles of shoes. Before we share different types of shoes in our other posts, let’s have a look at the anatomy of a shoe. This will help you further understand the terms we use when we talk about various shoe styles.
- Best Trekking Shoes In India
- Top 10 Formal Shoes In Flipkart App
- Best Shoes For Men Without Laces (Slip-on)2020
- How To Protect Your Shoes In Rainy Season?
- 10 Best Selling Shoes For Men Adidas in India
- 16 Solid Reasons To Buy Shoes Online For Men
- Best Running Shoes For Men India
- Review Of Power Running Shoes Natural Engage
- Our Picks of Cool Fashion Sneakers Under Rs.3000
- What Shoes To Wear With Suits? (Super Guide 2020)
- Should You Give Shoes As A Gift? 6 Point Guide
- 5 Types Of Sneakers For Men
- Patent Leather Shoes: Is It Your Thing?
- Difference Between Moccasins And Loafers
- How To Maintain Your Shoes?
Let us have a look into every section in brief so that you know your shoe better.
Welt Stitching: Welt is a strip of leather, rubber, or plastic that runs along the perimeter of a shoe outsole.
Sole: The sole, also known as the outsole, is the bottom part of the shoe that comes in direct contact with the ground. Soles are made from a variety of different materials to provide grip, durability, and water resistance.
Broguing: Broguing is a technique of decoration of shoes using heavy perforations.
Vamp: Vamp is a section of the shoe that covers the front of the foot and goes back to join with the Quarter section.
Heel: Heel is that part of the shoe that raises the rear. The bottom face of the heel that touches the ground is called the Top Piece.
Counter: It is the section forming the back of the shoe. The counter is placed around the heel and it strengthens the rear of the shoe.
Heel Cap: The rear part of the footbed of the shoe, is called the heel cap.
Quarter: The section of the shoe which starts where the Vamp section finishes. The Quarter covers the heel area and joins with the Counter section of the shoe.
Tongue: It’s a flexible part that looks like a tongue and sits beneath the laces.
Eyelets: These are the holes to thread the laces.
Throat Line: The line which joins the vamp and generally seen as a dividing line.
Toe Cap: A piece of leather or other material that is attached to the toe and strengthens the front of the shoe which his highly strained.
There are many types of shoes. Most of them will have the above parts. However, based on design and construction, some shoes might not have some sections. We hope now you know your shoe better than before and this information will help you next time when you go to buy a new pair.
Don’t Forget To Comment Below & Share This Post